Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Faculty of Management and Economics, University in Zlín, Mostní 5139, 76001 Zlín, Czech Republic
2nd International Scientific Conference – EMAN 2018 – Economics and Management: How to Cope With Disrupted Times, Ljubljana – Slovenia, March 22, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Management Koper, Slovenia; Doba Business School – Maribor, Slovenia; Integrated Business Faculty – Skopje, Macedonia; Faculty of Management – Zajecar, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-11-0
Plenty of universities offer students e-courses already in the first year of their studies. The point is whether students coming from secondary schools are ready to use the offered eLearning tools and the potential to the full. Especially for the development of students´ key competencies. This article describes the basically framework schema of teaching during which students acquire competences in the field of ICT and e-learning enabling them to use ICT in the process of teaching. The paper presents and analyses the results of our research in teaching Informatics at the Faculty of Management and Economics (FaME), Tomas Bata University (TBU) in Zlín. In the paper, we present the results of the knowledge evaluation from our survey in the period 2013 –2017. Also we discuss how to educate the future economists and managers – advanced users of business informatics, information and communication technologies (ICT) and information systems. At the same time the results of analysis, including evaluation and experience of the tutors are presented herein.
Education, educational technology, informatics, knowledge, research, innovation
- Buřita, L. et al. (2010). Preparation of Economists and Managers for Enterprise Computer Science. Systémová integrace, vol.17, no 3. pp 93-101
- Buřita, L., Rosman, P. (2014). Concept of the Computer Science Course and Some Aspects of ICT Integration into Education. E&M Ekonomie a Management, vol.12, no. 3, pp. 169–180. DOI: 10:15240/tul/001/2014-3-103
- Sahlberg, P. (2006). Education Reform for Raising Economic Competitiveness. Journal of Educational Change, vol 7, no 4, pp. 259–287 https://doi:10.1007/s10833-005-4884-6
- Gartner (2014). Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for Smart Government. Dubai, April 14, 2014. [online]. [cit. 28.3 2018]. Available from: <https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2707617>
- European Reference Framework. (2007). Key Competences for Lifelong learning – A European Framework. [online]. [cit. 28.3 2018]. Available from: <https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/youth-in-action-keycomp-en.pdf>
- Spitzer, M. (2014). Digitální demence. Brno: Host. ISBN 978-80-7294-872-7.
- Eger, L. (2010). Application of the Corporate Culture in Field of School Management. In E&M Ekonomie a Management, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 26-31
- Council of the European Union. (2011). Council conclusions on the role of education and training in the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy. [online]. [cit. 28. 3 2018]. <https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2011:070:0001:0003:EN:PDF>
- Réveszová, L. (2016). Designing Modern Informatics Education for Future Managers and Advanced Users According to Their Knowledge Base. In E&M Ekonomie a Management, vol. 14. No 4, pp. 186-201. https://doi: 10.15240/tul/001/2016-4-013
- STAG. (2017). Studijní portál UTB ve Zlíně. [online]. [cit. 26.2 2018]. Available from: <https://stag.utb.cz/portal/>
- European Commission (2015). The European Foundational ICT Body of Knowledge. e-Skills: Promotion of ICT Professionalism in Europe. [online]. [cited 26.2 2018]. Available from: <https://www.ictbok.eu/images/EU_Foundationa_ICTBOK_final.pdf>
- The European Union (2014). Education and training. [cited 28.3 2018]. Available from: <https://europa.eu/pol/pdf/flipbook/en/education_training_youth_and_sport_en.pdf>